Makeup by Rex: The Glow Up
Hey again my gorgeous ones,
This week’s tutorial is ‘The Glow Up’. Highlighting (excuse the pun), your inner goddess.
The idea here is to create a look that gives you a glossy, natural finish whilst providing full coverage without making you look sweaty!
It’s easier than it sounds; I assure you. Just follow my tutorial and you can’t go wrong!
The Glow Up tutorial
Top tips for achieving The Glow Up look…
- Always prep and prime your skin. C’mon now people you know my NUMBER ONE RULE: clean, moisturise and prime!!! This step is so important so that you can protect your skin and give your makeup a long lasting finish!
- Mix your foundation and liquid highlight. Use the ratio 2:1 (foundation to highlight). It gives you a glossy finish without looking like a disco ball!
- When it comes to your eyes use MATTE eyeshadow to begin with- working from darker outer edges to lighter inner corners followed by the same process with a shimmer shadow. The ICONIC PALETTE is perfect for this. Make sure you put a nice douse of sparkles into the corners of the eye to lift and brighten.
- Use a liquid liner to finish with a sultry cat-eye. -Lord & Berry is my recommendation.
- LIPS, LIPS, LIPS: use a darker liner to outline then a softer gloss to highlight the centre palette of the lip.
- THE BEST THING about this look is that you can powder it to your preference. If you feel you look too glossy; just add a small coat of Barry M translucent powder to mattify your magnificence.
Hope you enjoyed my angels
Shop the all the products used to create the look:
Get everything you need to recreate my Glow Up look below. If anything is sold out, we replace it with the closest beauty product.
Eyes and brows
Browse the full Missguided beauty range below. Shop loads of your fave brands with next day delivery available (because makeup emergencies happen).Shop beauty
Keep an eye on the Babezine for more makeup tutorials, news, culture and fashion steals. Check back for new posts daily.