Meet Missguided- Lucy, Brand & Influencer Manager
Ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at Missguided? (Of course you have). This week, we caught up with Lucy Harding. She’s our PR genius, looking after influencer activity, managing press releases and even organising exclusive launch dinners.
We asked you guys to submit your questions for Lucy. Read the full Q+A to find out about her role, day-to-day life at Missguided and her career highlights.
Lucy Harding: Working at Missguided
Find out what it’s like to be a Brand & Influencer Manager.
How did you get into this job?
I studied English Literature at University and did placements in journalism, events and PR. After I graduated I continued interning before getting a full-time internship at a fashion brand. Through interning and placements, I figured out that I really enjoyed PR and this it was the industry I wanted to get into.
What and where did you study?
I studied English literature at Manchester Metropolitan University
What does your job entail?
- Planning press activity around new Missguided campaigns, by writing press releases and organising coverage to promote the new collections
- Working with influencers to support our campaigns and trends
- Planning and organising influencer events and launch parties
- Working with the Missguided product teams to ensure our activity supports key collections and the latest trends
What advice would you give someone who wants a job in PR?
- Keep up to date with industry news, social media trends and influencers
- Try to get as much experience as you can, this will help make your CV stand out and show how passionate you are
- The industry can be hard to get into but keep going and don’t give up
What’s your favourite part about the job
Working in an industry that I love. I work with some really inspiring and creative people, not only at Missguided, but in the PR industry. Every day is different and there’s lots of exciting opportunities I can work on.
What has been your favourite campaign to work on?
My favourite would have to be the #LOVETHYSELF campaign. I love the message behind it and it was amazing working with such inspiring people. The team and I worked really hard on this campaign, so it was really exciting to see it launch.
View this post on Instagram
Inspired by women, about women, for women 💘 Introducing #LOVETHYSELF – the body positive sisterhood ✨ Featuring some of the strongest body confident women and the ultimate babes of Missguided who dared to bare all to the world, to champion their bodies and challenge all perceptions 🔥 #LOVETHYSELF
What are your favourite picks from the site?
Feeling inspired to browse more? Take a look at all the new stuff that’s landed recently. 👇
For more BTS, influencer outfit inspiration and celeb news, keep an eye on the Babezine. We’re your no.1 for all things Missguided. Check back for new posts every day.