Baking with Nelly London: Creme Egg Brownies
We are obsessed with Nelly and tune in every week to watch her Baking Sunday Insta stories. We thought lockdown was the perfect opportunity for her to teach us some new skills in the kitchen. We asked you guys to vote on what cake she should bake next, and the answer was, Creme Egg Brownies. See the full recipe below and watch the video for any handy tips!
This easy recipe uses ingredients that you can find lying around the house. If you are struggling to find Creme eggs, you can swap these for Oreos, Mini Eggs or your favourite treat!
Creme Egg Brownies recipe
- 185g Unsalted butter
- 185g Dark chocolate
- 85g Plain flour
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 3 Large eggs
- 275g Caster sugar
- 4 Creme Eggs
- 1 Packet of Mini Creme Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees on the fan setting and put Creme Eggs into the freezer
- Melt your butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan or in the microwave (ensuring to check on it regularly and keep stirring
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until light, fluffy and double the volume
- Combine the chocolate and egg mixture and stir gently, then fold in the flour and coco powder
- Pour your mix into a square or rectangular tin
- Take your frozen Creme Eggs and place them into the mix in a decorative way (some on top and some hidden into the mixture)
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. You will want the brownie to have a slight wobble in the middle so that it stays gooey
- Slice up and ENJOY
PS. Nelly’s outfit is from Missguided, make sure you take a look at New In if you wanna copy it. Stay home, stay safe and make the most of your time indoors with family.
Check back to the Babezine daily for new stuff including exclusive music interviews, makeup tutorials and more.