How to check your boobs: CoppaFeel!
This month, we’re all about breast cancer awareness. We want to encourage babes to check their boobs, spread the message and support one another. We’ve teamed up with charity CoppaFeel! to create the ultimate ‘Check your boobs guide’.
You may not know, but breast cancer can affect people of all ages. Everyone with breast tissue should be getting to know their own boobs (this includes women, men and non-binary babes). The more familiar you are, the easier it is to spot if something changes. Early detection can make ALL the difference!
Watch the video below and get to know your own boobs. Share the message with friends and family too.
How to check your boobs…
9 step guide to checking your boobs!
1. Just do whatever feels comfortable. Just have a grab, massage, prod and poke. The more you feel them, the easier you will learn what ‘normal’ is.
2. Remember all boobs are different, so it’s up to you to figure out how they should feel. They will change throughout the month, so get to know their natural rhythm.
3. Make a note if anything changes. This can include a lump, a thick area or a sudden alteration in size and shape.
4. It’s normal for your boobs to feel tender when you are on your period, but if the pain is different or more frequent, then take note.
5. Skin texture is another thing to keep an eye out for. If your boob feels dimpled or puckered or you develop an unexplained rash, then make a note.
7. When you’re checking, remember to go all the way up to your collar bone and under armpit. If you feel any swelling or lumps, take note of these.
6. Don’t forget the nips! Have a look to see if they have suddenly become pulled in, moved position or changed shape. It’s also important to check for discharge or crusting. These are all things to take note of.
8. If any of your symptoms persist for 1 week, then it’s time to get on the phone to the doctor. Usually there’s nothing to worry about, but there is no harm in going for a check up.
9. Remember to check yourself at least once a month. It doesn’t take long and you can do it anywhere: in the shower, while you’re getting dressed or before you go to sleep (maybe refrain from checking your boobs on the bus though!).
Check your boobs for Breast Cancer Awareness month
Remember to share these quick tips around and get every babe checking their boobs. We want to make Breast Cancer Awareness month really count. Remember, breast cancer is not restricted to a certain age or gender, so let’s all Coppa Feel this October.
If you want to support the cause, take a look at our exclusive Breast Cancer Awareness collection. All the profits go straight to CoppaFeel!