Terms and Conditions
Terms of Sale
Terms of Sale
We are Missguided Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03235904 (“we”, “us” and/or “Missguided”) and we operate the following websites: www.missguided.co.uk; www.missguidedau.com; www.missguided.eu; www.missguidedfr.fr and www.missguidedus.com (the “Sites”).
Our registered office and main trading office address is at Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE. Our VAT number is 938 0597 89.
This page tells you the legal terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we sell any items on the Sites (“Items”) to you. Please note these Terms only apply to the purchase of Items on the Sites. Purchase of Missguided items from any other source will be governed by the terms and conditions applicable at the relevant source. Please note that promotions and offers available for purchases on the Sites may not be available for purchases through other sources and vice versa.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Items from the Sites. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. By placing an order you confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to order Items, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. These Terms were most recently updated on 27 May 2015.
How the contract is formed between you and us
Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order.
Please take the time to check the details of your order at each page of the order process and before clicking “Confirm and Pay”, as you will not be able to make any changes to your order after this point.
After you place an order by clicking “Confirm and Pay”, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. We then send you an email that confirms that the Items have been despatched (“Despatch Confirmation”).
Please note that Items are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when the order is placed and the time when the order is processed, the stock position relating to particular items may change. If an Item becomes out of stock we will notify you as soon as possible and you will be refunded where we have already taken payment.
We reserve the right to refuse an order for example if the Item you have ordered is unavailable or out of stock, if we are unable to obtain authorisation of payment, if there is an error in the product information including price or promotion or if we suspect fraudulent activity.
If we are unable to supply you with an Item in these circumstances we will inform you of this by e-mail. If you have already paid for the Items, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Items on the Sites
The images of the Items on the Sites are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Items. Your Items may vary slightly from those images.
All sizes and measurements of Items are approximate, however we do make every effort to ensure they are accurate as possible.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Items are as accurate as possible. We reserve the right to refuse orders where information about Items has been mis-published, including without limitation prices and promotions.
All our Items are sold on the basis that they are suitable for domestic use only. Please contact us for further information if you intend using any Items in a business or public environment.
Please be aware that our Items are not aimed at persons aged under 16 so please take extra care when purchasing Items as gifts for persons under this age group.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Items are correct at the time when the relevant information is entered onto the Sites.
Prices for Items may change from time to time without notice. However, these changes will not affect orders that have already been despatched.
The price of an Item includes VAT (or similar sales tax) (where applicable) at the prevailing rate for which we are responsible as a seller.
Please note that the prices listed on the Sites are only applicable for Items purchased on the Sites and not through any other source.
The price of an Item does not include delivery and returns charges. You will be provided with details of our delivery charges during the order process. You can also see our delivery options and charges on our Delivery Details page. You can get information about charges for returning Items if you choose to use one of our returns methods on our Returns Information Page.
Please note that whilst we take utmost care in ensuring the content on the Sites (including descriptions of the Items and associated services such as shipping, payment terms, offers and promotions and delivery timescales) are accurate the Sites may at times contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore, reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. Where this affects an order that you have already placed we will notify you of the error if it will impact upon your order. In this regard, we reserve the right not to fulfil any orders that you have placed based on information on the Sites that may contain errors or inaccuracies.
You can pay for Items on the Sites using the following payment options: Mastercard and Visa credit cards, Maestro, Delta, Solo or Electron debit cards, American Express charge cards and PayPal.
You can pay for Items in any of the following currencies: Pound Sterling, US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, Euros, Danish Krona, Swedish Kroner, Norwegian Krone, Hong Kong Dollars, Singapore Dollars and Swiss Francs.
We offer the “Verified by Visa” and “MasterCard SecureCode” service which provides you with a safer shopping experience when using your credit card online. You can register for the service when you reach the checkout process or by contacting your card issuer directly. This is a one off-registration process and you will be able to use the same password when making future purchases with us. Please note, dependent on your card issuer we may not be able to process your order if you do not register and a different method of payment may be required to complete your purchase.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to, or does not for any reason, authorise payment then you will be notified as soon as possible.
We may undertake searches with credit reference agencies for the purposes of verifying your identity and the personal information you submit as part of an order. To do so the agencies may check your personal information against any particular information on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. We may also use your personal information for the purposes of prevention or detection of fraud. By submitting your order you agree to this.
All Items ordered remain our property until we receive full payment from you.
You will be given various options for delivery of Items during the order process. The options available to you will vary depending on where you are ordering from. To get specific details of delivery options in your area click on the applicable link below:
- UK - www.missguided.co.uk
- Republic of Ireland - www.missguided.eu
- USA/Canada - www.missguidedus.com
- Europe - www.missguided.eu
- Australia - www.missguidedau.com
- Rest of the World - www.missguided.co.uk
Delivery charges will be applied in addition to the prices for the Items you are purchasing. The amount of the delivery charge will depend on delivery option you have chosen.
Please note that in addition to the Items and delivery charges we apply to your order, you may also be required by your country of residence to pay import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information so that you are sure about the applicable duties and taxes before you place your order. We are not responsible for payment of such duties and taxes and in the event that you refuse to pay such duties and taxes and the order is returned to us, we will require you to pay any costs that we have incurred as a consequence.
You must provide us with complete and accurate delivery address information. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes not only the address that your order is going to but also the name of the recipient. We cannot be liable for delivery of your order to the wrong address or the wrong person as a result of you supplying us with incomplete or inaccurate information.
We will make every effort to deliver your order within estimated timescales. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors or events outside our control for example, material shortages, travel or transportation disruption, import delays, software or technical failures or higher than anticipated demand. Please note delivery of your order may take longer during sale or other busy periods.
We are unable to deliver on public and bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day. On these dates, delivery will take longer than usual. Please allow an extra working day (i.e. Monday-Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) for each of these days when calculating the estimated delivery date and when choosing your delivery option.
If you change your mind about any Items purchased you can return them to us (except grooming products, pierced jewellery or swimwear if the hygiene seal has been removed or any other item that cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons) within 14 days of the order being delivered to you, provided:
- the Items are unworn and unwashed (and there are no signs of transfer of any make-up or other stains);
- if shoes, the Items are unworn and show no signs of wear;
- the Items have all tags attached and are returned with correct despatch and order information.
We will refund the price that you paid for the Items taking into account any discounts or promotions applied when you purchased the Items. The refund will not include any delivery charges you have paid. All refunds will be made using the same method of payment you used to purchase the Items.
The above does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that this policy only applies to Items you have purchased on the Sites. For Items purchased from other sources, you will need to check the returns policies of the applicable source.
Cancelling your contract – EU customers only
If you are a European Union customer you also have the right to cancel your contract with us and return your Items by post within 14 calendar days from the day after the date you received your order. This right does not apply to Items that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons or Items where an applicable hygiene seal has been removed (e.g. makeup, underwear, swimwear or pierced jewellery). To cancel your order you must inform us of your wish to cancel in writing either using the Cancellation Form or by writing to our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify you including your name, address and order number.
You must take reasonable care of the Items. Whilst you may inspect the Items when they are in your possession you must not use them.
You will be responsible for returning the Items to us including the the cost of returning the Items using a courier or other postal method.
You should return the Items in their original packaging wherever possible, as soon as possible after informing us of your wish to cancel. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Items that occur before they are returned to us including where they are lost or damaged in transit.
If you cancel your contract you will be refunded the price you paid for the Items within your order and a proportion of the delivery charges you paid up to the cheapest and most common method of delivery available to you at the time. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Items, if this has been caused by your handling, including any loss or damage that occurs during transit. The refund will be made to the original method of payment you used, within 14 calendar days of our receipt of the cancelled Items if earlier, within 14 days from the day we receive proof of return from you.
Please note if you do not wish to cancel your entire contract and just want to return some of the Items in your order you can return them in accordance with our standard returns policy.
The above does not affect your statutory rights.
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Items from the Sites if you are at least 16 years old. Otherwise you a parent or guardian must purchase Items from the Sites for you.
You agree not to use any Items purchased for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We only supply the Items for domestic and private use. If you are not a consumer you must obtain our prior written consent to purchase Items from the Sites. Nothing in these Terms excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or any other liability that cannot excluded or limited by law.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under our contract with you to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
When you purchase Items from us, the contract formed is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
These Terms are governed by English law. This means your use of the Sites and any contract for the purchase of Items through the Sites; and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the same will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising out if these Terms or your use of the Sites.
If you have any questions about our Terms or Sites please contact our Customer Care Team.
This page tells you the legal terms and conditions of any offers, competitions, prize draws or any promotion that Missguided holds (“Promotions”).
The relevant Promotions are administered by Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) (“we”, “us”, “our” and “Missguided”) of Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE.
To see the terms and conditions for our latest competitions, please click here.
Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) (“we”, “us”, “our” and “Missguided”) of Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE is the owner and operator of the following websites: www.missguided.co.uk; www.missguidedau.com; www.missguided.eu; www.missguidedfr.fr and www.missguidedus.com (“Sites”).
These terms (“Terms”) set out how you may use the Sites and the content within them, whether as a guest or a registered user. Use includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Sites.
These terms also set out how you may interact with us on our official pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube (the “Social Media”). Interacting in this context includes without limitation: joining our official Missguided group/page, following us, “liking”, “retweeting”, or writing a comment in relation to a page, on the Social Media (“Interacting” or “Interaction” (as applicable)).
The Sites and the Social Media shall together be referred to as the “Services” in these Terms.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your internet connection are aware of Our Terms and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 27 May 2015.
Content On The Services
The content on the Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.We will update the Services from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Services is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We do not guarantee that the Services or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Services without notice.
Your Account Details
We reserve the right to close / disable an Account if you are considered to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol Addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or your use disrupts the services we provide in any way or if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Login Details, you must promptly notify us by contacting our Customer Care Team at email@example.com or by post to Customer Care, Missguided Ltd, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights in the Services (including without limitation the content and software used in the Services) remains our property or the property of or licensors (as applicable). These rights are protected by copyright, treaties and laws around the world and are expressly reserved.
Any use of the Services, including without limitation copying, storing in whole or in part, for a commercial use is prohibited without our prior written permission.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Sites for your personal use.
You must not:
- use any part of the content on the Services for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us;
- modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from the Services in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which is provided on the Services;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by us or our licensors on the Services;
- use or otherwise reproduce the “Missguided” name and/or logos (or any marks which are colourably similar) without our prior written consent.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content of the Services must always be acknowledged.
Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may involve you submitting content, a photo or video of you (“Your Content”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use Your Content on the Social Media and on other sources notified to you on the relevant Social Media page. This includes without limitation a licence to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display Your Content (or any part of Your Content) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Use may also include sharing Your Content with trusted third parties.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Limitation on Liability
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Services or any content on them, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the Services or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Services.
Please note that we only provide the Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Services for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Services or to your downloading of any content on the Services, or on any website linked to the Services.
We do not guarantee that the Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Services. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Services.
You must not, in relation to the Services: introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or in breach of confidence or is any way offensive or obscene attack the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack; commit or encourage a criminal offence; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights); send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material / “spam”; attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities access through the Sites hack into any aspect of the Services; and/or corrupt data. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use of the Services will cease immediately.
You must not use the Services for any commercial purposes (including without limitation using automated systems or software to extract data from the Services) without our prior written consent.
Third Party Links and Resources on Our Sites
Where the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Services. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. When you activate any of these links you will leave the Services and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We are working to make the Sites as accessible as possible to be used by everybody. You will notice changes to the Sites over the coming year to help with navigation, reading text, colour schemes and use of screen readers.
These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms please write to Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE.
This policy sets out the basis on which personal information about you may be collected and used when you use the following websites: www.missguided.co.uk; www.missguidedau.com; www.missguided.eu; www.missguidedfr.fr and www.missguidedus.com (“Sites”) and interact with us on Missguided’s official Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Youtube accounts (“Social Media”). By using the Sites and Social Media you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) (“we”, “us”, “our” and “Missguided”) of Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE is the owner and operator of the Sites and the relevant accounts on the Social Media.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 27 May 2015.
Information we collect about you
During your use of the Sites and the Social Media and when you purchase items from or participate in any promotions on or linked to the Sites and/or on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. We ask for your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase items from the Sites (“Items”). We also generate an order number linked to you when you place an order on the Sites (“Order”). You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the Sites or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences. You must ensure the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information is accurate and up to date and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
- Information we collect about you. When you use the Sites and the Social Media we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, carriers who deliver Items to you, card protection and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites and/or Social Media and third parties that we consider you may be interested in based on your preferences and use of our Sites), sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, market research and promotions management agencies, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- to interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by writing to our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE;
- to allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- to ensure that content from on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Sites and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Sites and Social Media to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Missguided Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
By interacting with us on the Social Media (including without limitation joining our official Missguided group/page or following us on the Social Media, “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on the Social Media) (“Interacting” or “Interaction” (as applicable)) you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.
Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video of you (“Your Image”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you consent to us using Your Image for the purposes described when Your Image was requested or as described on the relevant Social Media page.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or business partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and associated services. Our suppliers and business partners may also transfer, store, use and otherwise process your information outside the EEA for the purpose of fulfilling their obligations to you and to provide you with information, goods and services. By using the Sites, Social Media and submitting your information during the purchase of Items or participation in competitions and other promotions, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing inside and outside the EEA as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights above please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE.
If you think the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact us on the above address.
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 do not use the Sites or provide any information about yourself including without limitation your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address below.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to the Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE.
This policy sets out the cookies are used on following websites: www.missguided.co.uk; www.missguidedau.com; www.missguided.eu; www.missguidedfr.fr and www.missguidedus.com (“Sites”). By using the Sites you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy (the “Policy”).
Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) (“we”, “us”, “our” and “Missguided”) of Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom, M50 1RE is the owner and operator of the Sites.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. The Policy was most recently updated on 27 May 2015.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Sites and use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
These cookies work in tandem and are used to calculate visit length. Google __utmb cookie demarks the exact arrival time, then Google __utmc registers the precise exit time of the user.
Because __utmb counts entrance visits, it is a session cookie, and expires at the end of the session, e.g. when the user leaves the page. A timestamp of 30 minutes must pass before Google cookie __utmc expires. Given__utmc cannot tell if a browser or website session ends. Therefore, if no new page view is recorded in 30 minutes the cookie is expired.
- Google AdWords
This cookie is used to track visits and orders placed from advertising on Google’s search and display network. This cookie is triggered when a user visits and makes a purchase via Google’s sponsored ads and is triggered on the confirmation page
For further information: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/?hl=en
This cookie tests and adapts the Sites to offer an improved customer experience. It stores an anonymous ID with other information regarding your current session. We use this information to create, adapt and improve the online customer experience.
For further information: http://www.monetate.com
These cookies are used to identify the customer journey through different product purchases.
For further information: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/info/tealeaf
Google Tag Manager
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they visited.
For further information: http://www.google.co.uk/tagmanager
Missguided: We use session cookies to remember your log-in details, your preferences (e.g. currency choices) and what you've added into the shopping basket. If these are disabled then some of the website functionality will be lost. FRONTEND This cookie holds your session ID on the server. CUSTOMER This cookie is an encrypted version of the customer ID within the store. CUSTOMER_INFO This cookie is an encrypted version of the customer group the customer belongs to. CUSTOMER_AUTH This cookie tells us if you are currently logged on to the store. NO_CACHE This cookie indicates if whether the site is allowed to use cache. WISHLIST This is an encrypted list of products you have added to your wish list. LAST_CATEGORY This cookie tells us when when you last visited a category. CATEGORY ID This cookie stores the category ID. VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS This cookie tells us the products you have recently viewed. CATEGORY_INFO This cookie stores the category info on the page, this allows us to display pages more quickly.
Third Party Cookies
Below is a list of some of the third party partners who may set cookies on your device:
Third party What their cookies are used for Intelligent Reach
Intelligent Reach is a marketing software which collates non-personal information on what you are looking at on the Sites for analytics purposes.
For further information: http://www.intelligentreach.com/privacy-cookies
For further information: http://www.intelligentreach.com/privacy-cookies
For further information: http://www.criteo.com
All information these cookies collect is anonymous and not tied to any personal information about you.
For further information: http://www.marinsoftware.co.uk
For further information: http://www.skyglue.com
For further information: https://twitter.com/privacy
For further information: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/cookies
For further information: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/privacy-policy
For further information: http://www.zanox.com
For further information: http://www.stylefruits.co.uk
For further information: http://www.struq.com/cookie-and-privacy-policy
These cookies can tell Doubleclick how many times you have seen an ad and, for example, whether you need to see the UK or US version. It cannot find out any personal information about you.
For further information: https://www.google.com/settings/ads?hl=en
These cookies are used to anonymously record that a user has clicked on an Affiliate Window link that referred the user to the Missguided site.
For further information: http://www.affiliatewindow.com/uk
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
You can enable cookies by following the steps below depending on your browser:
SAFARI ON OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option;
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies';
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'.
MOZILLA FIREFOX ON OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option;
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security';
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'.
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings';
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab;
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them (including blocking them) visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a separate window). Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
If you would like more information on the cookies that we use please write to Customer Care, Missguided Limited, Unit 8 Centenary Park, Coronet Way, Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom M50 1RE.